Rules & Terms
In order to be considered, all submissions must:
1) be made by a middle school or high school student in Calvert County,
2) middle school submissions must be 5 minutes or less and high school submissions must be under 7 minutes (including titles and credits),
3) be original video (video you shot yourself) or have permission to use,
4) have original music or music you have permission from the artist to use,
5) be in English or with English subtitles,
6) be free of nudity, violence and cursing
7) have an high-quality uploadable version of the film available.
IN ORDER TO BE CONSIDERED, you must submit your film as a downloadable HD QuickTime File, either on Vimeo, FTP or by email or upload to our YouTube channel. NOTE: I can not download your film from FilmFreeway unless it is submitted from Vimeo with setting permitting download.
BY SUBMITTING YOUR FILM, you are agreeing to the following:
1. You give permission for your film to be a part of the Calvert Optimists' Film Festival and placed on the Optimists' YouTube channel. It will expose your film and filmmaking abilities to a wider audience.
2. You give Calvert Optimists permission to submit your film into other festivals.
Please contact us if you have any questions or concerns about these conditions.